English/Spanish blog from somewhere in La Mancha / Blog en inglés y español de un lugar de La Mancha

Welcome / Bienvenidos

Thanks for visiting us.
Gracias por visitarnos.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Tuesday 1 April 2014

The Egg Thief / El ladrón de huevos



 
Although it is still very cold outside, the kids are impatient and are already painting eggs for Easter with many kinds of natural dyes. 

Aunque todavía hace mucho frío fuera, los niños están impacientes y ya están pintando huevos para Pascua con muchas clases de pinturas naturales.
 

Arley

Pass me the blue, please. Are you still having inexplicable nightmares, Heather? 

Pásame el azul, por favor. ¿Sigues teniendo pesadillas inexplicables, Brezo?


 Heather

Yes, and I have made a drawing of my last two dreams so I won´t forget them.

Sí, y he hecho un dibujo de mis dos últimos sueños para no olvidarlos.



Last night I dreamt I was a seal ring. My profile got stamped on paper after paper. I felt awfully hot because of the sealing wax I sank into when I slammed against a piece of paper and the table under it. I couldn´t stop myself from sealing everything I saw because that was going to save the world. The strangest thing was that the face I saw on the seal wasn´t mine. I only felt like it was.  
 
Anoche soñé que yo era un anillo con un sello. Mi perfil quedaba estampado en papel tras papel. Sentía mucho calor por la cera en la que me hundía antes de darme la torta contra el papel y la mesa que había debajo.  Yo no podía dejar de sellar todo lo que veía porque eso iba a salvar el mundo. Lo más extraño es que la cara que yo veía en el sello en ese sueño no era la mía. Sólo me sentía como si lo fuese. 

 Arley
 
Which world were you saving?

¿Qué mundo estabas salvando?



Heather

I have no idea. The night before that, I dreamt I was climbing up a paper ladder all the way to somewhere up in the highest part of the sky. The steps were paper files, folders full of documents. Whenever I felt like I was almost there a couple of shooting stars would come flying by in opposite directions and collide and turn into a new folder. That dream was kind of pretty. Many colorful lights like fireworks and stuff. Ah! And there was a soundtrack of celestial music. But I forgot to put that in the picture.

No tengo ni idea. La noche anterior a esa soñé que estaba subiendo una escalera de papel que iba a alguna parte en lo más alto del cielo. Los escalones eran carpetas con documentos. Cuando me parecía que iba a llegar, un par de estrellas fugaces venían volando en dirección contraria y se convertían en una nueva carpeta al chocar. Ese sueño era casi bonito. Muchas luces tipo fuegos artificiales y eso. ¡Ah! Y había una banda sonora de música celestial.Pero se me olvido meter eso en el dibujo.

 
Arley

What if I make an appointment for you with Dr. Freud? He helped me with my nightmares.

¿Y si te pido una cita con el Dr. Freud? Me ayudó con mis pesadillas. 

 Alpin
 
Poor Heather. I can only hope these dreams aren't foretelling anything. Imagine if it does happen to be up to you to save the world. What a bummer!

Pobre Brezo. Sólo puedo desear que estos no sean sueños premonitorios. ¡Mira que como te toque salvar el mundo! ¡Menudo engorro!

 Thistle
 
Shut your mouth, Alpin. And while you are at it, stop eating the eggs we're painting!

Cierra la boca, Alpin.  ¡Y mientras estás en ello, deja de comerte los huevos que estamos pintando!

 Alpin
 
Ha! I swear I haven´t eaten a single egg aside from the hundred you set aside for me to sate my hunger with. 

¡Ja! Juro que no me he comido ni un sólo huevo aparte de los cien que habíais apartado para mí para saciar mi hambre. 

 

Thistle

Well, they are disappearing, you liar.

Pues están desapareciendo, mentiroso.



Alpin

Ask your evil doll for accounts.

Pídele cuentas a tu muñeco diabólico.


 
Thistle

What? I haven´t got an evil doll.  

¿Qué? Yo no tengo un muñeco diabólico.


 
Alpin

Well, then who is that who's jumping all over the place?

Pues entonces, ¿quién es ese que está saltando por todas partes?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are very welcome. Thank you. / ¡Hola! Los comentarios son muy bienvenidos.Gracias.

Labels

Advent Calendar/Calendario de adviento (25) Animal rights / Derechos de los Animales (6) Art / Arte (14) Astronomy / Astronomía (8) Australia /Australia (2) Authors (21) Birthdays / Cumpleaños (30) Carnival / Carnaval (4) Christmas / Navidad (36) Compositions / Redacciones (14) Condolences / Condolencias (5) Constitutionalism / Constitucionalismo (4) Contests / Concursos (2) Coronations/Coronaciones (1) Ecology / Ecología (3) Extracurricular Activities / Actividades Extraescolares (8) Feng Shui (8) Field Trips (1) Films / Películas (7) Geography / Geografía (3) Ghosts / Fantasmas (11) Grammar to Get by / Gramática para apañarse (66) Halloween / Noche de Ánimas (27) Health / Salud (2) History / Historia (32) Human Rights / Derechos Humanos (13) Inventions / Inventos (1) Ireland / Irlanda (9) Laws / Leyes (5) Legends / Leyendas (41) Listening / Escuchar (20) London / Londres (5) Maths / Matemáticas (4) Memes/Memes (2) Messages / Mensajes (4) Mini Calendar / Mini Calendario (10) Mini Mythology / Mini Mitología (77) Mini Zodiac / Mini Zodiaco (12) Mr. Eddy / El Señorito Eddy (5) Music (3) Music / Música (101) Needn´t Be Lost Causes / Causas No Necesariamente Perdidas (4) News / Noticias (25) Novels (6) Nursery Rhymes / Rimas para niños (16) Obituaries / Obituarios (6) Other Animals / Otros Animales (7) People/Gente (44) Plants / Plantas (11) Poems / Poesías (84) Poems / Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (10) Poets/ Poetas (40) Precious and the Air / Preciosa y el Aire (4) Recipes / Recetas (19) Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (22) Saints / Santos (22) Sayings and Saws and Proverbs and Quotes and Maxims / Dichos y refranes y proverbios y citas y máximas (9) Science / Ciencias (5) Scotland / Escocia (12) Shopping and gifts / Compras y regalos (7) Short Texts to Read / Breves textos que leer (24) Songs / Canciones (117) Speaking / Hablar (14) Special Days / Días Especiales (107) Sports / Deportes (9) Story report / ficha de un cuento (25) Tales of a Minced Forest/Cuentos del Bosque Triturado (118) Toora Chronicles / Crónicas Toora (245) Trailers (11) Valentine´s Day / Día de San Valentín (11) Vocabulary / Vocabulario (37) Wales / Gales (7) Winter /Invierno (1) Writing / Escribir (12)

Blogroll