English/Spanish blog from somewhere in La Mancha / Blog en inglés y español de un lugar de La Mancha

Welcome / Bienvenidos

Thanks for visiting us.
Gracias por visitarnos.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Thursday 5 January 2012

12th Afternoon / Tarde de Vispera de Reyes

2012 has brought optimism and enthusiasm to Prime and Only Minister Binky's office. He is ready to face the new year with pep and stamina.

2012 ha traido optimismo y entusiasmo a la oficina del Primer  y Único Ministro Binky. Está dispuesto a enfrentarse al nuevo año con vigor y aguante.


POM Mungo John Binky
Primer y Único Ministro Mungo John Binky

This will be my watershed year! I feel it in my papers. I can almost make the victory sign. In fact I will as soon as...

¡Éste va a ser mi año! Lo siento en mis papeles. Casi puedo hacer el signo de la victoria. De hecho, lo haré en cuanto...


POM Binky
Primer y único ministro Binky

I finish writing down my list of new year's resolutions.

...acabe de escribir mi lista de buenos propósitos para el año nuevo.



Arley

Is there really so much you need to change, Mr. Binky? Perhaps you should just concentrate on one goal and then maybe it will be easier to reach it. I can help you choose one, and in exchange you can help me make a papier-mâché nativity scene for your office tonight.

¿Realmente hay tantas cosas que necesita cambiar, Sr. Binky? Tal vez debería concentrarse en una sola meta y puede que así sea más fácil de alcanzar. Yo le ayudaré a elegir una y a cambio usted me puede ayudar a fabricar un belén de papel maché para su despacho esta noche.


Alpin

But what are you doing here, you nitwit? I´ve been searching for you everywhere and look where I find you! Decorating old Binky's dusty office! And I afraid that you might be on a luxury spaceship to Sedna! Listen, Arley, we've very little time left to ask for things. In a few hours the asking period will be over and we´ll be doomed to put up with a year of squalor. Tell me this minute what Santa brought you! I need to know in case you got something I might want for myself too. I'm going to ask the Magi for whatever it is. I don´t want to spend the rest of the year wishing I had something you have. 

¿Pero qué estás haciendo aquí, tonto de baba? Te he estado buscando por todas partes y mira donde te encuentro. ¡Decorando la polvorienta oficina del viejo Binky! ¡Y pensar que me temía que estarías en un crucero de lujo en una nave espacial camino a Sedna! Escucha, Arley, nos queda muy poco tiempo para pedir cosas. Dentro de unas horas se acabará el período de pedir deseos y nos veremos condenados a soportar un año de penurias. Dime ahora mismo que te ha traído Santa Claus. Necesito saberlo por si te ha traído algo que yo pueda querer tener también. Voy a pedírselo a los Reyes Magos. No quiero pasarme el resto del año deseando tener algo que tú tienes.   


Arley

Well, the trendy gift this Christmas was the pocket cloak of invisibility. And that's the biggest thing St. Nick brought me. That's why nobody has seen me much anywhere lately. Or anyone else.

Bueno, el regalo estrella de esta Navidad ha sido la capa de invisibilidad de bolsillo. Y eso es lo más grande que me ha traído San Nicolás. Por eso no me ha visto nadie en ninguna parte. Ni a casi nadie. 


Alpin

What a piece of junk! It´s like the yo-yo. Every so many years it becomes trendy again. I´ve got a thousand of those! You aren´t going to say that shitty cloak is your heart's desire, the wish you've been so secretive about and that you weren't able to ask for the Christmas before this past Christmas?

 ¡Menuda birria! Es como el yo-yo. Cada tantos años se vuelve a poner de moda. Tengo un millar de esas. No me irás a decir que esa capa cutre era el deseo de tu corazón, ese tan secreto que te quedaste sin pedir las navidades antepasadas?

Arley

Well, no. The cloak isn´t my heart´s desire. You see, my Mum insisted I come home for Christmas and in theory this is lovely, but the truth is that since I've returned I haven't been able to sleep a wink. I think I don't look well and may even have aged some. In fact, nobody sleeps much at home lately.What with the pea factory and my Mum being so annoyed with me because I have nightmares again and it is clear I need to sleep in the car...she says that I don't trust her and her way of doing things but I do try to when I'm awake, it's when I'm asleep that I start screaming and -

Pues no. La capa no es el deseo de mi corazón. Verás, mi madre se empeñó en que volviese a casa por Navidad, y en teoría eso es estupendo, pero la verdad es que desde que he vuelto no duermo.Creo que hasta tengo mala cara y se me ve hasta como envejecido. En realidad, nadie duerme mucho en mi casa últimamente. Entre la fábrica de guisantes y lo enfadada que está mi madre conmigo porque he vuelto a tener pesadillas y está claro que tengo que volver a dormir en el coche... ella dice que yo no confío en ella y su saber hacer, pero yo, despierto, sí que logro confíar, es cuando me duermo que empiezo a gritar y -

Alpin

Hey, you! Hold your horses! I didn't ask you to tell me about your problems. What I want you to tell me is what you are going to ask the Magi for so you can call me a copycat.

¡Oye, tú! Para el carro, que no te he preguntado por tus problemas. Lo que quiero es que me digas qué es lo que le vas a pedir a los Reyes Magos para que tú puedas decir que soy un fijota.


Arley

Well...

Pues...


 POM Binky
Primer y Único Ministro Binky

Sorry, kids, but I´ve got to close the ministry. I have an appointment with the ex-pirate Boogerbeard and his doctor. Thanks for decorating my office, little boy. It's been brilliant. Especially the stars you made with the old yellowing papers. I may have a hard time one day if I need to find one of these, but 'tis the season to be jolly.

Lo siento, niños, pero tengo que cerrar el ministerio. Tengo una cita con el ex-pirata Barbamocos y su médico. Gracias por haber decorado mi oficina, chiquillo. Ha sido muy bonito. Sobre todo las estrellas que has hecho con los papeles amarillentos. Espero que no me sea imposible encontrar uno de esos papeles si luego resulta que lo necesito, pero como es Navidad...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are very welcome. Thank you. / ¡Hola! Los comentarios son muy bienvenidos.Gracias.

Labels

Advent Calendar/Calendario de adviento (25) Animal rights / Derechos de los Animales (6) Art / Arte (14) Astronomy / Astronomía (8) Australia /Australia (2) Authors (21) Birthdays / Cumpleaños (30) Carnival / Carnaval (4) Christmas / Navidad (36) Compositions / Redacciones (14) Condolences / Condolencias (5) Constitutionalism / Constitucionalismo (4) Contests / Concursos (2) Coronations/Coronaciones (1) Ecology / Ecología (3) Extracurricular Activities / Actividades Extraescolares (8) Feng Shui (8) Field Trips (1) Films / Películas (7) Geography / Geografía (3) Ghosts / Fantasmas (11) Grammar to Get by / Gramática para apañarse (66) Halloween / Noche de Ánimas (27) Health / Salud (2) History / Historia (32) Human Rights / Derechos Humanos (13) Inventions / Inventos (1) Ireland / Irlanda (9) Laws / Leyes (5) Legends / Leyendas (41) Listening / Escuchar (20) London / Londres (5) Maths / Matemáticas (4) Memes/Memes (2) Messages / Mensajes (4) Mini Calendar / Mini Calendario (10) Mini Mythology / Mini Mitología (77) Mini Zodiac / Mini Zodiaco (12) Mr. Eddy / El Señorito Eddy (5) Music (3) Music / Música (101) Needn´t Be Lost Causes / Causas No Necesariamente Perdidas (4) News / Noticias (25) Novels (6) Nursery Rhymes / Rimas para niños (16) Obituaries / Obituarios (6) Other Animals / Otros Animales (7) People/Gente (44) Plants / Plantas (11) Poems / Poesías (84) Poems / Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (10) Poets/ Poetas (40) Precious and the Air / Preciosa y el Aire (4) Recipes / Recetas (19) Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (22) Saints / Santos (22) Sayings and Saws and Proverbs and Quotes and Maxims / Dichos y refranes y proverbios y citas y máximas (9) Science / Ciencias (5) Scotland / Escocia (12) Shopping and gifts / Compras y regalos (7) Short Texts to Read / Breves textos que leer (24) Songs / Canciones (117) Speaking / Hablar (14) Special Days / Días Especiales (107) Sports / Deportes (9) Story report / ficha de un cuento (25) Tales of a Minced Forest/Cuentos del Bosque Triturado (119) Toora Chronicles / Crónicas Toora (245) Trailers (11) Valentine´s Day / Día de San Valentín (11) Vocabulary / Vocabulario (37) Wales / Gales (7) Winter /Invierno (1) Writing / Escribir (12)

Blogroll